Vitesse Cycle & Often Running strive to promote sustainability in all aspects of our business. Simply put, sustainability is the act of meeting the current needs of human beings without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs. Keeping this in mind, we aim to follow and promote responsible business practices in order to reduce the environmental impacts of all our actions.
We hope to inspire our clients, partners and employees to follow in our footsteps in their own lives. There are many steps we take in order to achieve this status:
- Comply with and follow all applicable legislation, regulations and codes of practice
- Integrate sustainable responsibilities into all our business decisions
- Inform our staff and suppliers about our sustainability policy
- Minimize environmental impact from work-related transportation
- Give environmentally-preferable products and services precedence when deciding potential services and vendors
- Continually improve our sustainability performance
In the course of our sustainability-driven practices, we have received several distinctions and awards. Those found below are those we are most proud of!
- In 2013, we received the Green Business Certification from the Illinois Green Business Association
- For our donation of worn running shoes to the MORE Foundation Group, we were given a certification recognizing our over 100 tons of carbon offset--the equivalent of 1,000 trees!