Marlin 7 is where race-worthy mountain bikes begin. The smooth, lightweight RockShox fork and upgraded parts make this model the best choice for new riders who want a fast cross country hardtail that will hold its own against our higher-end race bikes.
It's right for you if...
- You're new to the trail but have serious singletrack aspirations, and want a race-worthy mountain bike with upgrades on the parts that make a big difference in performance, like a higher quality suspension fork and a wide-range 1x drivetrain.
The tech you get
- A light frame with internal shift cable and brake hose cable routing, a smoother-feeling RockShox Judy fork with a lockout, Shimano hydraulic disc brakes, and a simple 1x drivetrain that ditches the front derailleur for less clutter and easier operation. Don't worry, with the wide-range 11-46 cassette, you still get all the gears you need for clawing up climbs and blazing down descents.
The final word
- The RockShox suspension, wide range of gearing, and quality parts make it the best choice in the Marlin lineup for new mountain bikers who know they want a serious bike for their money. It’s fully capable of taking on off-road marathon rides and XC races.
Why you'll love it
- This is one of our most popular bikes for good reason. You get all the value, plus all the versatility—it's a totally race-worthy mountain bike, with rear rack mounts if you use it for commuting too
- It's really fun to ride, and feels like a much more expensive mountain bike
- Great suspension at an even better price
- The 1x drivetrain gives you all the gears you need and none you don’t
- Marlin models in XS and S frame sizes have a curved top tube and a lower standover height that makes it easier for smaller riders to mount and dismount
Size X-Small – Small: 27.5-inch
Sizes Medium – XX-Large: 29-inch
Smaller frames (XS and S) have a top tube that dips down as it approaches the seat tube. This design makes for a lower standover height, which is good for shorter riders because it allows them to straddle their bike more easily. The larger frames (M and ML) have a straight top tube because taller riders with longer legs typically don’t have the same issues with standover height.
Due to supply-chain issues, Specs are subject to change without notice.
|Frame||Alpha Silver Aluminum, internal routing, chainstay disc brake mount, rack and kickstand mount, 135x5mm QR|
|Fork||RockShox Judy, coil spring, preload, TurnKey lockout, 100mm QR, 100mm travel|
|Rims/Wheels||Bontrager Connection, double-wall, 32-hole, 20mm width, presta valve|
Front: Formula DC-20, alloy, 6-bolt, 5x100mm QR
Rear: Formula DC-22, alloy, 6-bolt, Shimano 8/9/10 freehub, 135x5mm QR
|Spokes||14g, stainless steel, black|
|Tires||Bontrager XR2 Comp, wire bead, 30 tpi|
|Crankset||FSA Alpha Drive, 28T steel ring, Boost|
|Chainrings||28T steel ring|
|Bottom Bracket||FSA, 73mm, threaded cartridge, 122.5mm spindle|
|Chain||KMC X10, 10 speed|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano Deore M5120, long cage|
|Cassette/Rear Cogs||Shimano Deore M4100, 11-46, 10 speed|
|Shifters||Shimano Deore M4100, 10 speed|
|Handlebars||Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, 5mm rise, 720mm width|
|Tape/Grips||Bontrager XR Trail Comp, nylon lock-on|
|Stem||Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, Blendr compatible, 7 degree|
|Brakes||Shimano MT200 hydraulic disc|
|Pedals||VP-536 nylon platform|
|Saddle||Bontrager Arvada, steel rails, 138mm width|
|Seat Post||Bontrager alloy, 31.6mm, 12mm offset|
* Subject to change without notice.
|Marigold to Radioactive Red Fade / Medium / 29-inch||601842388655||1046901||MAR38308184E|
|Marigold to Radioactive Red Fade / Medium/Large / 29-inch||601842388648||1046902||MAR39589405E|
|Matte Nautical Navy/Matte Anthracite / Medium / 29-inch||601842388723||1046894||MAR42195054E|
|Matte Nautical Navy/Matte Anthracite / Medium/Large / 29-inch||601842388716||1046895||MAR43659052E|
|Matte Nautical Navy/Matte Anthracite / X-Large / 29-inch||601842388693||1046897||MAR43274049E|
|Gloss Miami Green / Small / 27.5-inch||601842581698||5259542||MAR26461185N|